Nikon Cafe Welcome Logo Request...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Removed User 2, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. What do you people think about this?

Would it be a good idea to post the contest winning photo as the NikonCafe welcome logo (or all 3, why not)? This might push more people to participate, which in exchange would fortify the essence of this forum, which is Nikon photography, right?

Of course, it would have to be changed every 2 weeks... I presonally think it would be nice. What do you all think?

Would this be a good incentive? Yes? No?

Your answers don't mean it will be done since I don't have any power on the forum. Just really looking to share some ideas and get more people to participate. :smile:

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I don't know if I want to see the nikon café logo disappear, but it might be a nice idea to place the winning photo on the plan www.nikoncafe.com page.

3. Hi Todd,

Yes, something like that would be good. Somekind of incentive:smile:

4. Hi Todd!

God forbid, not the logo itself. I am sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

I actually thought the same thing as you proposed: Post the winning picture on the front page

5. People, I'm sorry! I am not requesting about changing the LOGO itself but Rather the front page picture.

Geez, I hope I won't get labeled as the cowboy who wants to take over the Cafe LOL :Curved:

The front page picture only, not the logo

Thanks for taking my correction into account, everybody...

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Arrite listen cowboy ... That's a great idea!!!!

7. LOL at Chris. A very good asesor he is!
    I like the principle of the idea as well/
    Dave

8. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Great Idea, in fact I was thinking the other day about suggesting the same thing with a new banner for the forum section.

You photo idea could be something that is changed every month. I like it!

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Your poll should have an option for "front page, what front page?". :biggrin: I have the forum index bookmarked and never even see the "welcome" page.

10. I like the idea but, Jeff makes a valid point. I never go to the front page either - I would perhaps if there were some pics there though.

11. Same here

I couldn't tell you what the front page looks like.

Don

12. I had to type in the URL to see the front page. Even the link at the upper left on this page doesn't take you there.
    That's the first time I've seen it.
    To answer the poll, I don't see why you shouldn't put any contest winners on the FP.

Don

13. Go for it--I lways enjoy a great picture.

14. Funny, I thought the Index page WAS the Front Page, silly me :redface: :wink: :wink:

Actually, I suspect this is a problem for many of us. If you were to put them at the top of the Index page they would have to be quite small, perahps a link in BIG BOLD LETTERS would suffice? That would certainly get my attention and push me to go and look more often.

Them is MY 3 cents worth, and I'm stickin' with 'em.....

15. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Posted someplace

I agree with the previous comments that I'm not sure the first page might not be the best place to post the winners, but maybe a link above the main category page (I too don't bother going to the main link any more. I usually start at the Main Category page).

Peter