1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Canada Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, May 16, 2007.

1. I just got news this week that I was being relocated to Montreal... So I called Nikon Canada today to have a timeline in regards to the camera I sent last week... It is ready and I will get it this Friday with my flash :smile:

I am more than impressed with their service will have to call back on Friday and I am thinking about sending them all (All the techs...) Movie tickets!

Now I need a new lens faster than anticipated :biggrin:

Okay so in order to get a N.P.S. # all I need is another Nikon professional body and 2 more professional lenses. Kudos Nikon and Kudos their tech support and customer service.

2. BACK,..... to M-town........ again?
    Good Grief !
    Fortunately I know you have assetts in both cities : ~ )
    Good luck Bro!

3. Are you really already heading back to Mtl???

4. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    I'm outta the loop. I thought you were in Mount Royale?
    I just spoke to Nikon Can today about the service advisory on the D2H.

Glad you got some timely service. I once had my 5700 in there for 3 weeks to fix a dead pixel.

5. Yup, have to take care of a Montreal account... Got the news yesterday. I am either leaving on Monday for MTL or in two weeks...

Yes I am. I have a wedding to attend this Saturday (not mine!:rolleyes:  not yet...) And then I could get the go ahead either for Monday or end of May.

I was in Montreal, was relocated to Toronto 4 weeks ago and now I am being relocated back to Montreal... And... and I love Toronto

6. What did they tell you ?

7. kevin.sinn

kevin.sinn Guest

My 18-200VR has been there for almost 7 weeks. My old D70 was there twice and was back within 10 days both times. Perhaps there is a different wait for lenses versus camera bodies?

Cheers!

8. It surely depends if they needs parts from overseas... I was told if they needed parts it was going to take a few weeks.

9. I have had only great experiences with Nikon Canada. I live 1 hour east of them and twice I've been there. Once with a D70 for a ? lens fit problem (70-200 vr) which they reassured me was ok and at the same time did a firmware upgrade, and second with my D200 for dust in the viewfinder. All were done for me immediately while I waited without charge.

10. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    I was told that they would fix the D2H regardless of how old or long I had it.
    (looking at getting a great used copy-approx 14k actuations) with regard to the meter and AF issues many have experienced.

The 5700 I was told was waiting for a part but when I complained, they gave it back to me the next day with the dead pixel fixed. So go figure...

11. I guess I already know the answer but I'll try claaing them soon to see if thay be willing to repair my US D2H body. :Whistle: If not, I guess I'll live with it for a while to see if the "ERR" messages get more frequent. Then I might need to find some in the States to help me have it repaired by Nikon USA. :confused: 

12. kevin.sinn

kevin.sinn Guest

Finally!

I'm happy to report that after almost 7 weeks I have my 18-200VR back from Nikon Canada. It arrived today - and after testing with my D200 - all is well. They replaced the Silent Wave Motor. Hopefully this one will last longer than 3 weeks!

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.