Nikon Capture 4.2.1 file naming?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by SteveK, Apr 20, 2005.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    OK, my digital workflow requires that I keep the same file name for raw files and processed tiffs, so that I can always go back find archived raw files if needed. In Nikon Capture 4.2.1, if I open an individual D2X NEF, and Save As>Tiff, it retains the original file number. If I batch run a group of NEF's to make Tiff's, it assigns a new file number to the tiffs. Does anyone know how to override this? In the menu box for file naming in the batch dialog box it does not have a simple option to retain the same file name/number.

2. In the batch window, under Destination, have you checked off "Use Source File Name"....??

3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Duh. Do I feel dumb or what! Thanks TOLady! You can tell I never read progam documentation! I completely missed that box, and was frustrated that the program wanted to sequentially number Tiffs and not use the original source file name.

4. Hey, we all have brain-farts. I haven't used NC in a long time but remembered that one feature LOL, you just happened to be in luck at this particular moment.
    Good luck, and cute avatar, you a relative of Ron Reznick?? *LOL*