1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Capture 4.2.1 file naming?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by SteveK, Apr 20, 2005.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    OK, my digital workflow requires that I keep the same file name for raw files and processed tiffs, so that I can always go back find archived raw files if needed. In Nikon Capture 4.2.1, if I open an individual D2X NEF, and Save As>Tiff, it retains the original file number. If I batch run a group of NEF's to make Tiff's, it assigns a new file number to the tiffs. Does anyone know how to override this? In the menu box for file naming in the batch dialog box it does not have a simple option to retain the same file name/number.

2. In the batch window, under Destination, have you checked off "Use Source File Name"....??

3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Duh. Do I feel dumb or what! Thanks TOLady! You can tell I never read progam documentation! I completely missed that box, and was frustrated that the program wanted to sequentially number Tiffs and not use the original source file name.

4. Hey, we all have brain-farts. I haven't used NC in a long time but remembered that one feature LOL, you just happened to be in luck at this particular moment.
    Good luck, and cute avatar, you a relative of Ron Reznick?? *LOL*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.