Nikon Capture 4.3.1 Out In Europe

Hi Folks,

Nikon Japan have updated NC to V4.3.1

The main point of the acceleration of Ver. 4.3.1 is as follows.

1) RAW (NEF) optimizing the interpolation processing program when developing
2) Memory of the personal computer which Nikon Capture 4 uses (RAM) it streamlines
3) Improving the response of histogram compilation at the time of 100% indication

It is not available yet on there mirror sites, but i assume that it will be later today. Please see

http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/news/info/info050822.htm

Its on the European Server Now www.nikon.co.uk/support please remember that the software is region coded.

File save

Paul,

My biggest bugbear with the product was the speed at which it leaded and saved files (even on a dual Xeon SCSI based system). Has this really improved much?

Pete

R

Robin Horlock

Available in Canada EH!

It just showed up on the Nikon Canada website.
What an improvement! I guess they listened to
our complaints.

Cheers,
Robin

Well, I tried it, and the "save as" with JPG is slower than before. I tested the same image, before and after the upgrade, and the upgrade is 17% slower for this process. Both tests were done just after a fresh boot.

I have not tested the multi-image window. Hopefully it is faster and more stable when using DEE.

It is available on Nikon USA Photography. I have downloaded it and installed it. Haven't tried it yet.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
On my Mac (dual G5 2.0) it is much much faster. Thank the lord, I don/t have to wait for 3-5 seconds just to adjust the imagesize I am working on to a larger window.

Browsing is faster, and opening images is at least 20-25% faster too. Big improvement.

Cheers,

Wade

hillrg said:
Well, I tried it, and the "save as" with JPG is slower than before. I tested the same image, before and after the upgrade, and the upgrade is 17% slower for this process. Both tests were done just after a fresh boot.

I have not tested the multi-image window. Hopefully it is faster and more stable when using DEE.

Okay, I might have to take this back. This time, when I tried it I was saving as JPG in 6-10 seconds. Scrolling at 100% is better than before too.

Thanks guys. I just downloaded and installed the US version. I just did a very quick test, and it seems to be a bit more responsive, particularly in the updating of the histograms, but I'll give it a more thorough workout tonight.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom