Nikon Capture 4.3.1 Out In Europe

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by jgrove, Aug 22, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Hi Folks,

Nikon Japan have updated NC to V4.3.1

The main point of the acceleration of Ver. 4.3.1 is as follows.

1) RAW (NEF) optimizing the interpolation processing program when developing
    2) Memory of the personal computer which Nikon Capture 4 uses (RAM) it streamlines
    3) Improving the response of histogram compilation at the time of 100% indication

It is not available yet on there mirror sites, but i assume that it will be later today. Please see

http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/news/info/info050822.htm

Its on the European Server Now www.nikon.co.uk/support please remember that the software is region coded.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. File save

Paul,

My biggest bugbear with the product was the speed at which it leaded and saved files (even on a dual Xeon SCSI based system). Has this really improved much?

Pete

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks for the heads up. I will download tonight. I REALLY hope the speed issue has been addressed.

6. Available in Canada EH!

It just showed up on the Nikon Canada website.
    What an improvement! I guess they listened to
    our complaints.

Cheers,
    Robin

7. I for one and happy for the changes. Look forward to trying it out.

8. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    More Speed

Just loaded it on a Mac 15 in. AL PB. Much faster. So far.

9. Well, I tried it, and the "save as" with JPG is slower than before. I tested the same image, before and after the upgrade, and the upgrade is 17% slower for this process. Both tests were done just after a fresh boot.

I have not tested the multi-image window. Hopefully it is faster and more stable when using DEE.

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I downloaded it, and although I haven't tried saving a file, the multi-image window operations do seem a little snappier.

11. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    It is available on Nikon USA Photography. I have downloaded it and installed it. Haven't tried it yet.

12. Thanks all, I just downloaded mine and it seems to work fine. Haven't really done any speed checks but will get to it soon.

13. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    On my Mac (dual G5 2.0) it is much much faster. Thank the lord, I don/t have to wait for 3-5 seconds just to adjust the imagesize I am working on to a larger window.

Browsing is faster, and opening images is at least 20-25% faster too. Big improvement.

Cheers,

Wade

14. Okay, I might have to take this back. This time, when I tried it I was saving as JPG in 6-10 seconds. Scrolling at 100% is better than before too.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys. I just downloaded and installed the US version. I just did a very quick test, and it seems to be a bit more responsive, particularly in the updating of the histograms, but I'll give it a more thorough workout tonight.

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Rory

You still using that wind up-machine LOLOL

:eek: :Bomb: :Exclamati :rolleyes: :wink: