Nikon Capture 4.3 upgrade

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by paintman, Jun 18, 2005.

1. paintman

paintman

May 18, 2005
    Sonoma Calif.
    Has anyone had a problem when installing the upgrade. When I try to install it says it's not from the same region and the install quits. Any info will be appreciated.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. paintman

paintman

May 18, 2005
    Sonoma Calif.
    Thanks, that's what I figured but I don't know where I downloaded it from. I'll try another region .

4. I encountered the same with 4.2.1. I had downloaded an earlier version from a link at DPReview, I think. The link was the european Nikon site with their imprinted version.

I kept all my old licenses and was able to identify and skip the european one. I even got by the key format change. Works like a charm. Curious how the Chromatic Aberration is hidden in the menu bar and not in the on-screen drop down menus.

Rich

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

In the forums, we usually hear when the first site gets a download available, whether it's Australia, Japan, England, etc. I always wait until I can get it at the US site for this reason. If there were something I could never get at the US site, but could get somewhere else, I might consider that if it was important to me.

6. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I've downloaded the European version and had no issues. By the way, the 4.3 upgrade really means Capture has come of age. The software now runs fast and smooth even with D2X files, no glitches, and memory usage has been cut dramatically.

7. paintman

paintman

May 18, 2005
    Sonoma Calif.
    NC 4.3 European version

Anyone have a link to the European version. All I can find is nikonusa.

8. nfoto

nfoto Guest

You have to create an account there, and register at least one Nikon product, before you can get access to the software downloads

9. Re: NC 4.3 European version

Try a shot at DPreview and search for a post with the european link.

Rich

10. nfoto

nfoto Guest

there is NO European link as such. You do have to register your Nikon product and activate your account, before the download becomes available.