Nikon Capture 4.3

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Ken-L, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

NC 4.3 is now "available" at the Nikon Mall http://www.nikonmall.com/product.as...t=Digital+Imaging+Products>&searchcatid=3

It is "Temporarily Out of Stock". I talked with sales and tech support a moment ago. They have not actually received it for distribution yet. There will be an upgrade available as a download from the NikonUsa site soon. (Keep watching for it.) Tech Support does have it installed on their machines now.

As an interesting note, when I talked with tech support, he said there is nothing changed that would affect it's speed. I was surprised that the computers they have NC installed on in tech support only have 512MB of RAM, which is fine for general use but NC benefits from more.

Ron Galbraith ran performance tests on 4 machines (PC and Mac) and the performance on all the test computers was very good - and all the systems had 2GB RAM!
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6451-6417&print=true

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the heads up Ken. I wonder if they fixed the slow LCH and Curves updates when the histograms are activated in these windows??

3. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Ken,

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that 4.3 was close to being released.

I re-built my PC last weekend so I wouldn't suffer any speed disadvantage using Capture or PS CS2. Now I have an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55, 2GB RAM, 74GB Western Digital HD running at 10K RPM and a Matrox video card running two LCD monitors. No speed problem here. :lol:

4. I hope that at least began cleaning up their memory management bugs.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Evidently there is a promo code running around, any one know where or have one :>))

6. Oh!! Oh!! I just get all atwitter when you talk like that!

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

NC 4.3 is now "available" at the Nikon Mall http://www.nikonmall.com/product.as...t=Digital+Imaging+Products>&searchcatid=3

It is "Temporarily Out of Stock". I talked with sales and tech support a moment ago. They have not actually received it for distribution yet. There will be an upgrade available as a download from the NikonUsa site soon. (Keep watching for it.) Tech Support does have it installed on their machines now.

8. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    "Atwitter"? Isn't that on the road to Nirvana? Make a left turn at ecstasy.

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

twit

TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: twit·ted, twit·ting, twits

To taunt, ridicule, or tease, especially for embarrassing mistakes or faults. See synonyms at ridicule.

NOUN: 1. The act or an instance of twitting. 2. A reproach, gibe, or taunt. 3. Slang A foolishly annoying person.

ETYMOLOGY: Short for obsolete atwite, from Middle English atwiten, from Old English ætwtan : æt, at; see at1 + wtan, to reproach; see weid- in Appendix I.

OTHER FORMS: twitter —NOUN