Nikon Capture 5?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by petert053, Nov 29, 2005.

1. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Quoting from Tom Hogan's site (www.bythom.com)... the Old News/Comments/Links link...

...this is likely to be the last version of Capture on the current software base; Nikon is working a new version that was originally scheduled for release at the end of the year, but has been delayed.

Does anyone know any good rumors?

Peter

2. i dont know any rumors but it will have to be good to pull me away from ACR now that I have established a good workflow there.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

If the new version is appreciably faster, and there is a reasonable upgrade price from the prior version, I would buy it, and I'll bet they will have a hard time keeping any in stock...

4. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Yes, this is indeed true for me too. I think I've finally built an automated (JavaScript and Actions) that will be mainstays. I think NC5 (assuming the name here) will have to much faster or really, REALLY cheap for me to entertain migrating.

5. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Plesed

I am quite satisfied with Capture 4.3.2 and it runs great on my machine - 3.63 CPU and 4 GB RAM.

6. it runs great on mine to with 2GB of ram, and I use it, but have found the bridge ACR 3.2 offers a better workflow pattern FOR ME. Still have use for my Nikon Capture but would not likely upgrade it again unless there was a compelling reason to do so.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Would love it if it was faster and had a few PS tools like selsctive burn & dodge,layers etc...