Nikon Capture and Photoshop CS2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Cabin, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Hello everyone,
    I have a question about workflow.

I use Capture for all my processing but sometimes I need a little tweaking here and there. So I'm thinking about purchasing CS2 to do the final processing.

Are the changes made in Capture reflected in CS2 or does CS2 just read the raw file and not the changes made in Capture.

Hope that makes sense.....

Thanks,

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    If you want to keep the changes you have made with Nikon Capture, then process from there with Photoshop, save your output from Nikon Capture as a TIFF file. Then when you open it with Photoshop, it will not go through Camera Raw, and open in Photoshop just like you left it in Nikon Capture.

If you save the photo as a NEF with Nikon Capture, Photoshop will open it as a RAW file and use it's own converter, called Camera Raw, to edit the Raw file, ignoring what you did with NC.

So you can have it both ways, depending on what you save the image as from Nikon Capture.

4. Thanks,
    Just what I needed to know.

Now where's that UPS truck?