Nikon Capture Issue

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by gbenic, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Today I noticed that if I view my nef file in NC4 at 50% and then view at 100% my histogram changes slightly. If I use the auto contrast in LCH, the settings change depending on the "zoom" of the picture. I have the newest update from the other day. Is anyone else experiencing this? Should I be making all of my corrections at 100%?

Thanks.

2. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    I've noticed this since Day 1 with Capture. It's at the least annoying, but can be misleading and result in poor or incorrect settings. I now use 100% for final settings. I've also noticed that the RGB values for selected pixels change as you change magnification. That doesn't happen in PS CS2 and shouldn't happen in Capture.

3. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Greg,

I just posted another thread on NC 4.3.2 problems which may be somehow related. In any case, I found some weird behavor with the newest NC version.

Here is my thread:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=586802#post586802

Would appreciate to know if you've seen similar things.

I for myself haven't (yet) noticed what you describe, but I will check.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017