1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon D1x

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Little Cub, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Hi Cafe,

So I have a question about a Nikon D1x. I have been using one where I work and am thinking of buying it. The problem is that there seems to be some corrosion near the battery connectors, the CCD has some pretty bad burned pixels and the overall body is in fair to poor condition. When I got this job the camera was already here. Unfortunately, the people who used the camera before me never took care of it and now I think it is going closer to being used as a paper weight :eek:  Ultimately, I would like to use the camera for parts or try to convert it to an IR camera until it finally dies.

My question to you is how much would you pay for a camera of this type in this condition?

Thank you for all your help!

Little Cub

2. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I paid $450 for a near-mint condition D1X with a buffer upgrade. So I would say it's worth maybe $150 in poor condition. Poor condition D1's sell for around $99.

3. Agreed, no more than $200.

God Bless,
    David

4. Little Cub

Little Cub

Feb 13, 2007
    Vegas, baby!
    Thank you for your responses. I was thinking around that much. The camera is in quite disarray internally and would rather salvage what I can from it than for it to be wasted and never used again.
    Hopefully you guys will see some IR images from my "new" gimpy D1x soon. Thank you again for your help!

Little Cub

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.