Nikon D200 discontinued. RIP.

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by pforsell, Jul 3, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Today Nikon added the D200 in the "discontinued" list in their japanese headquarters website:

http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/products/discontinue/digital/index.htm

I'm sure the camera will remain a while on national websites while supplies last, but the production most likely ceased a few weeks ago when the D700 production started.

R.I.P. D200 and may thy replacement be at least as successful!

P.S. Mine is not for sale. It produces a lot better images nowadays that what it could do when I first got it. Perhaps the camera has gotten better? :wink:

2. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    Thats sad...

I was looking at the D80 and people told me to get the D200 for a little more for 100% more camera.

Still thinking about the D40 though.

RIP, D200.

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    From what I hear, the D700 is being made in Japan at the D3 plant, the D200 was made in Thailand. I'm sure it is more a matter of sales, the D200 sales are likely way down since the D300 hit the shelves.

4. Funny about that, my D200 seems to take far better pictures than when I first got it. I think this proves the D200 is like a fine wine, better with age. :biggrin:

5. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    With the number of D200's I've seen for sale with 10K or less images, we will being seeing photographs from it for a long time:) 

I'm hoping mine lasts for at least 3 more years, love the camera. Don't see why not with my D70 is still clicking at 35K and 3.5 years.

I only hope that nikon brings out a 24 meg./12m meg hs sp crop with built in VR....the D2000:) 

6. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Douglas, in my experience, it is us who get better with age, the D200 is already there.:wink:

7. Sweet! I now have another "rare antique" in my possession! :biggrin:

Sean

8. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

9. I'm hanging on to my D200 too! I know I have a wonderful camera, just wish the photographer behind it was as good!:redface:

10. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Hmmm, maybe it's a Nikon thing as my little D50 takes much better photos now than it did when I got it in December, 2005. Maybe we just have to wait for the camera to mature :smile:

Carole

11. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    The price between the D200 and D300 isn't that much anymore, so if I had the $$ I'd go for the D300 (it's in my dreams :) 

Carole

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    My D200 is a keeper.........even though I have the D300, the D200 has and is serving me fine. D200 + D300 = D500!!!!

13. Or maybe it's the shooter, improving with age!!!

Or, perhaps,a shooter who has aged and consumed aged wine and shooting with an aged camera!!:wink:

14. muhahahaha *rubs hands together evilly*

Maybe that will score me a great deal on a slightly used one finally!

15. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

I assumed it was already dropped from production. This surprises me.

So a week ago, camera dealers were still ordering D200's from their suppliers? I rather doubt that very much.

16. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    R.I.P. D200... I have a feeling this camera will still remain very popular for years to come. I wish I could of hung on to mine, but I just had to let it go.

17. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    My guess is that they will use their Thailand factory to produce the D90 now.

18. Nubster

Nubster

Mar 31, 2008
    Romney, WV
    I know a guy that just sold off his D200 that had over 240,000 clicks on it. He said it was still working like new when he sold it.

19. Jeromy

Jeromy

Mar 19, 2008
    Utah
    RIP D200? mine still works when i push the shutter button.... not dead by far...

20. jcovert

jcovert Guest

if I had the $$, I'd buy a 2nd D200. To me, there is nothing more to want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.