1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon D3 EN-EL4a battery cold pack

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by rbsinto, Jan 5, 2018.

1. I'm researching a cold pack for the Nikon D3 but so far have not had any success.
    Wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with a cold pack (that is to say a battery dummy that fits the battery compartment and runs via a cable or wire to a holder for the En-EL4a battery that can be kept inside a pocket in cold weather) for the D3 body.
    I have one for my Nikon F2AS film camera but can't find any reference to a similar accessory for the D3.
    Please and thank you.
    Robert

2. Robert - I was looking for the exact same thing a few years ago and didn't find one. The closest thing I've found is the Atomos Power Station but it only has a dummy battery for the EN-EL15 since Atomos makes accessories for film/video and the D800 was the first Nikon body with full HDMI-out for filmmakers.

Sean

3. Sean,
    Thanks.
    It really surprises me that the Nikon pro Digital bodies didn't and don't have a cold-pack as a standard accessory. I guess Nikon just assumes that one would easily carry a couple of the extra batteries in a warm pocket when out in extreme cold as we are experiencing right now.
    Robert

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.