Nikon D4 shutter problem... anybody ??

Anybody? Briefly, Early August, bought a used D4, 9+ rating from B&H. 90 day warranty.
1st 10 minutes. shutter wouldn't focus or fire. Then it would... then it wouldnt etc..
Called B&H, send it back Sir. Fix it or refund? I want it fixed.... 4 weeks to 8 weeks, to 10 weeks.... I get an email. We cant fix it. Sending you a similar product. used D4 9+ condition.
Received yesterday.
Took it to a HS Volleyball game last nite. EXACT same problem !!!
What the Heck !!
It was suggested to me, they stuck the same camera back in the box just to "clear the return" off their books..... maybe but idk???
I tried different lenses. All Nikon. Same thing.
Is there a setting I'm unaware of causing shutter to not fire? Or???
Any input greatly appreciated

Returning it this time for a refund. I'm done with D4's.

Jim

...Is there a setting I'm unaware of causing shutter to not fire? Or???...
The only setting that I'm aware of is focus/release priority. That shouldn't cause intermittent focus issues but can certainly prevent the shutter from firing when OOF which could be manifested as a seemingly intermittent issue. If the controls were set for BBF then the shutter release won't activate AF but that shouldn't be an intermittent issue. Those are the only two things that come to mind.

OMG !!!
Dan, drr 1531 !!! & RoyCO1 !!!
Thank you SOOO MUCH !!!
Yes, problem resolved. gone! hi speed focus and shooting. No delay. No lock ups!
The A1 setting was OK. A2 was off. Set as you recommended.
Good to Go !
I have an HS Football playoff game in 2 hours tonite!

If I ever have the pleasure to shake your hands Gents, Beers are on me !!
(This was probably the original problem with D4 #1 back in Aug !)

Thank you So much, Nikoncafe & members comes thru again !!

Jim

While it may wery well be that simple, the reply you got from B&H was surprising; that they could not fix your first D4. Such a reply implies that there is an error of sorts. Otherwise, they should have concluded that there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom