Nikon D40 HDR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by way2short, Jul 4, 2008.

1. way2short

way2short

Jun 7, 2008
    okc
    I was wondering if I can do that thing where it takes three pictures used for doing HDR? What is it called and under what setting is it? Thanks in advance.

2. dzejms

dzejms

Feb 10, 2008
    London
    Bracketing...not available on D40. You could try it by taking a RAW and developing it with different exposures.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2008
  3. turtile

turtile

May 12, 2008
    Delaware
    You can use software such as Photoshop. All you need is a tripod. You can also use many more exposures with Photoshop.

4. way2short

way2short

Jun 7, 2008
    okc
    I was afraid of that, thanks a lot guys.

5. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    here you go.

http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/

This has a section on how to do it from 1 raw image, which in some cases can look just as good!

6. Sure - use a tripod, shoot in manual, and bracket as much as you want. Usually a 3 exposure enough to do the job, 5 works too (2 under, 2 over, and one normal exposure).

7. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Sure you can!

Just use manual mode. You can bracket manually by just under and over exposing your photos. Same thing as the bracket feature of other cameras, just have to change shutter speed instead of pushing the shutter release several times in a row. Tip-don't change f stop as it effects DOF, use shutter speed to over/under expose. Have fun!

8. way2short

way2short

Jun 7, 2008
    okc
    Wow, thanks again. I did my first HDR but the program I used was a trail version. Anyone know where I can get a real version of it?

9. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA