Nikon D5100 teardown

there's an idiot with more $$$ than sense. kind of like the jerk who smashed an Apple iPad outside the Apple store on release day "just because i can...."

For absolute safety, you need to discharge the flash capacitor, otherwise you risk accidentally killing your camera.

why do i get the distinct feeling that his camera is dead regardless?

That's pretty cool. There's a lot going on inside a DSLR for sure.

even so, photographically speaking: a DSLR is still simply a box with some sort of light focusing mechanism at one end and some kind of light sensitive/capturing material at the other.

there's an idiot with more $$$ than sense. kind of like the jerk who smashed an Apple iPad outside the Apple store on release day "just because i can...."

why do i get the distinct feeling that his camera is dead regardless?

ifixit has a very good reputation as the go-to disassembly manual for all sorts of gadgets, and they also sell parts. Smashing is one thing, but careful disassembly with detailed guides are something else. I'd hardly say this is an idiot move. They've successfully acquired a niche, and they're very good at it. :wink:

B

Bill N

ifixit has a very good reputation as the go-to disassembly manual for all sorts of gadgets, and they also sell parts. Smashing is one thing, but careful disassembly with detailed guides are something else. I'd hardly say this is an idiot move. They've successfully acquired a niche, and they're very good at it. :wink:

I have used ifixit on several occasions. A VERY useful site to have tucked away for those times you need a little help fixing an item. I used their site to guide me replacing both a screen and IC board and battery on an iPhone. I wouldn't have had a clue as to how to do this with out them. A great resourse for sure!
Interesting bit on the D5100. Can there really be that many screws holding the thing together though? Thanks for posting!:biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom