Nikon D6 Review from JD

You will almost certainly love using a D5 because they really are the most satisfying and effective cameras that I have yet to use.
Nikon dropped their RRP by $1000 when they announced the D6 so I would expect that some second-hand D5s may soon come on the market for a little less than five grand.

I hope early adopters of the D6 love the improvements so much that the used market for the D5 increases substantially. As I understand it, the D5 is excellent enough, and I'd welcome the chance to buy one at a price I can justify.
Were you in Italy, until this morning there was a 6500 actuation D5 ready for sale at a reputable seller in Milan for 4300 euros. Now I saw it's "booked"

It does not sound like a huge improvement to justify upgrading from a D5.... I love mine and not much it does not do that I would like. As for the AF system - I really have to work at it to lose focus... something I am quite capable of doing. 😁

I understand, Ann.
In my case, (the very) most of the reviewers I follow are US/UK, I try to cover both youtube and websites/blogs so that I can make myself a preliminary idea of what I'm looking for. It usually takes time, because of course many reviewers simply LIST what news report to them. Some reviewers are more experienced and articulate an answer, a theme besides the specs, among them, some are very nitpicking, others instead shed some more light from actual experience on the evident use of products. I wish you could listen to Italian, I just found one - Stefano Medici - which has a way of speaking that's very nice to me. Warm and honest, apparently. Although he didn't publish anything about D6, maybe someone wants to give him a chance (with auto translate on) for other things, here's its channel.
Btw a good ad buys very well - this has been for my D4s, so far the best camera I ever had, period. Unfortunately most aren't up to the game.
I am fluent in Italian ( I lived and worked 3years in Italy ) i dont need auto translate ...i am not impressed by what Sefano says or write ...

I am fluent in Italian ( I lived and worked 3years in Italy ) i dont need auto translate ...i am not impressed by what Sefano says or write ...
Sorry, probably I mispoke. I'm "not" impressed per se, it's not "he is a guru or better than x and y"; I just like the way he has to expose his ideas, a truly informal and honest one. You may like or not, agree or not, yet he seems to put more of himself in what he says than most of the reviewers out there.

Any "Review" which someone publishes before they have spent some time actually using the equipment and personally testing all of its features, is totally meaningless and utterly worthless.
Anyone, outside of Nikon, who has already had any real experience with the D6, will be under a very strictly and legally enforceable NDA Agreement so any "Reviews" that are posted before the camera actually ships can safely be ignored.

You will almost certainly love using a D5 because they really are the most satisfying and effective cameras that I have yet to use.
Nikon dropped their RRP by $1000 when they announced the D6 so I would expect that some second-hand D5s may soon come on the market for a little less than five grand.
I got my D5 last December (a Nikon Refurb) for less than 5K. If I had a D4s, I would probably have already pulled the trigger on ordering, but since I am extremely satisfied with my D5, I'm going to wait for the real world reviews to come in.

I'm particularly interested in the new AF. the custom group AF choices could come in handy for sports like volleyball and tennis. If the high ISO NR is improved by a stop or so, I would have to really look at getting this to add to my D5

Good morning everyone.
This is a website that just published something about the D6. Obviously info are scarce yet they promised to cover it again as soon as they can ( they are under nda, as they say )

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom