Nikon D7000 goes dead in the middle of a shoot

Hey guys,
Just bought a refurbished D7000 last week. In the middle of setting things up and going through the camera manual, I noticed that the camera went "dead." Turning it on and off didn't work, it wouldn't focus, no buttons generated any response....had to take the battery out to kind of reset it. I counted it as a fluke thing, and kept kickin'. (The battery was fully charged, btw)
Well, in the middle of a photo shoot this Saturday, it did the same thing. The camera was idle for *maybe* two minutes. Went to focus, nothing. Turned it off, nothing (the top lcd screen was still lit, even though the back screen was not)...had to take the battery out to get it to function again.
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Suggestions? I've already emailed the company where I purchased it...seems to me like there's a bug here. Not something I'm trying to deal with on a consistent basis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, that's what they did. Luckily I had a 30 day warranty on this refurb, and luckily it happened within the first week of ownership. I'm bummed, but they are gonna do the exchange and I'm happy about that. Glad to hear that you guys felt the same way I did. It just didn't seem right!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom