Nikon D7200 shutter count.

Ok I looked but couodn't find any info on this, My problem is not how to get shutter count it is how to switch the body to picture count. In my files of pics the shutter count is shown on each pic instead of pic count so what i need to know is how to change the body so in a file i see pic count 1-300 or what ever the number of pics is in that file.

I use Nikon Transfer (part of the free Nikon ViewNX-i program) to modify file names as I bring files onto my computer. It has an option to include sequence number as part of the new file name. I believe that is what you are looking for.

Transfer can also automatically create and name the folders in whatever pattern you would like.

Ok I looked but couodn't find any info on this, My problem is not how to get shutter count it is how to switch the body to picture count. In my files of pics the shutter count is shown on each pic instead of pic count so what i need to know is how to change the body so in a file i see pic count 1-300 or what ever the number of pics is in that file.
I don't believe that the body can show picture count since as far as ot is concerned shutter count=picture cont. However, if you want the picture count in each file (i.e., each download) then Omar has the answer.

I don't know, but that is something that I have been looking for as well.
When shooting a bunch of people at an event like a graduation, I have no way to mark "person X = shot # Y" on my shoot list.
All I have on the top screen is remaining shots, which for my purpose means nothing.

Simply rename them in your computer. Select all of them in your file manager, choose rename, pick a name (ie, Graduation 2019), and they will be renamed as follows:

Graduation 2019(1)
Graduation 2019(2)
Graduation 2019(3)
Graduation 2019(4).....

Simple sequence on the shoot list does not work, as I will shoot several shots of a single person and also people other than those on my shoot list, so person #200 on my list might be shot #287.

And in a sequence of shots, is Greg shot #285 or 286 or 287 or . . .

My thought is, if I change the directory/folder number, and if the camera would reset to image #0001, it would be nice for the camera to display on the top screen the image/frame number, from 001 to 999
This display change would have to be a menu option.

Right now, the only way I can think of doing it, is to use a small enough memory card, that the remaining shot count is under 1,000. So that the remaining shots (on the top screen) will change.
Then count backwards to track the shots; shot #1 = 999, #2 = 998, etc.

BTW, I say top screen, because I found the rear screen to be almost useless in the glare of the bright sunlight. Though IF I could figure out a way to easily see the rear screen, that would work.

Nikon models above the 7200 have that menu choice. Maybe it's the "pro" and "semi-pro" models. One thought, cumbersome as it maybe, is to use the image#/total images that shows on the playback screen.

My thought is, if I change the directory/folder number, and if the camera would reset to image #0001, it would be nice for the camera to display on the top screen the image/frame number, from 001 to 999

YOU can do this (reset the count to 0), but the camera will not simply by changing file directories. And you'll need to dive into the menus to do this.

Latest threads

Top Bottom