Nikon D80 & Sunpak Softlite 1400m?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by CGII Photo, Jun 23, 2007.

1. CGII Photo

CGII Photo

Apr 8, 2007
    Missouri USA
    I just purchased a Nikon D80 and I have and old Sunpak Softlite 1400m flash. I plan to upgrade but in the mean time I just want to know if it is compatible with the D80. I just got the camera and I don't want to damage it by connecting an incompatible flash unit to it.
    I called Nikon tech support but they "don't test with any third party units" so they were unable to tell me if it will work or if it would damage the camera in anyway. Sunpak also has no clue. :confused:
    Any information would help.