Nikon D800 and D4

Even if the D800 were to come out tomorrow I sadly wouldn't get one. My D700 is a beast still. I am curious to see what Nikon can produce though.

even if they were to announce tomorrow, you prob wouldn't be able to find one for at least 6-8 months LOL

More interested in a D300s replacement, I've sorted my gear out for the DX format at this time. Also shooting sports and such gives DX the edge, although a higher-ISO and DR with a few MP more (14-16 maximum) should be lovely..

even if they were to announce tomorrow, you prob wouldn't be able to find one for at least 6-8 months LOL

i'd also expect the first couple of batches of the D4 (and possibly the D800) to be available only to NPS members.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Since the Sendai Factory is having problems after the quake, I think it is safe to assume that the D300 replacement is being pushed up as fast as they can to make up for revenue losses on the pro side.

So my prediction is August at the latest for a D400 made in Thailand. (I base my prediction on no insight really, just gut feeling :)

I was actually looking forward to a new FX body but after realizing that what I really wanted was video (whether I use or not) , more megapixels for cropping with telephoto lenses and dual card slots ...
so to get back the reach factor I decided to buy a D7000 and am very happy with it and my D700 continues to be a workhorse that I really have no need to update ...
Figure I've got several years of learning and shooting with the D700 ....

ron

From what I have seen I'm not going to like the rotating grip on the D800 and that will probably turn me off of the D800. Problem is that puts me back at the D700 and finding one of those new right now is impossible.

Does it make sense that Nikon would release the D800 before the D4? That's of course the opposite of what happened with the D3/D700 where we saw the trickle down of the technology only after the D3 was out for awhile.

Has the D700 sold that well that it would lead the flagship update rather than lag it? Interesting rumor...

I'm going to wait for D800 to replace my D7000.
Sometimes I feel like I need better high ISO performance, while the D700 is great at that, I do use the video feature, which D700 lacks.
Guess I'll keep on trucking with my D7000 for a while!

From what I have seen I'm not going to like the rotating grip on the D800 and that will probably turn me off of the D800. Problem is that puts me back at the D700 and finding one of those new right now is impossible.

That D800 mockup was a design exercise by a student - not a Nikon prototype. I thought it was pretty cool, but that's not what a D800 will look like.

That D800 mockup was a design exercise by a student - not a Nikon prototype. I thought it was pretty cool, but that's not what a D800 will look like.

That's great to hear. I hope it stays in current format. If I wanted a video camera I would buy one and not a digital slr. I just see the rotating grip being nothing but problems.

Latest threads

Top Bottom