Nikon D810 query

At the moment I have the |Nikon D800 and when using the video function if the camera and lens is in auto focus there is a bad clicking sound as the focus changes so any focus adjustment everything has to be in manual mode.

My question to Nikon D810 owners on here does the same thing happen? or can the D810 be left in autofocus as the lens and the focus click is no longer audable if there is one at all

looking on youtube videos a lot of recorded sound is over written by adding music which is of little help

A link to any member video on this would be great with auto focus adjustment

Thank to any and all who try to give advise before I consider upgrading

I shoot video with my D810, but I don't know the answer. The video autofocus is set to AF-S and I use the AF-On button to focus prior to recording. So focus is locked during shooting. That said - my 24-120 f4 VR lens is very quiet when it focuses and I would be surprised if it made noise if I allowed continuous focusing. I have had lenses that hunt and chatter in continuous autofocus - my 70-300 VR was very bad in that regard.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom