Nikon Diopters

PGB

I have a d2 and i have my viewfinder focus set all the way minus. Its still not enough. What diopter do I need to get? The edges are blurry around the lcd information area. Its very annoying.

Thanks

Patrick;

Your eye doctor should be able to tell you which diopter "correction" will work for you. If you call his/her office they might be able to tell you on the phone. The diopters are available from Nikon's web site and I think B&H sells them.

Good luck.

Brian

PGB

bfullmer said:
Patrick;

Your eye doctor should be able to tell you which diopter "correction" will work for you. If you call his/her office they might be able to tell you on the phone. The diopters are available from Nikon's web site and I think B&H sells them.

Good luck.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the response. I would call but I do not know what to ask. Don't want to sound like any more of an idiot than I already am. :) If I am set at all the way minus what does that tell me? Other than I have terrible eyesight?

Thanks,

Patrick;

I think your doc should understand what you're talking about. Mine did. BTW my corrections is set all the way minus and it still isn't enough. I think the correction is quite small, and is used as a selling point for Nikon. Just my opinion.

Brian

Patrick, I WISH!!! Mine is set all the way to the top of the + side and it's still not enough! *LOL* The good news for you is that as you get older, your problem will start to correct itself (actually, medically speaking, it's not correcting itself, it's just that as you get older your eyesight goes more towards the + end which negates out the - end)

Real Name
Chris
What does the eyepiece go to, -2 or -3? You might be able to get a suplimental lens to put in the eyehole of the camera.

I'm setting my D100 to 1 click down froim the top end (+2.5?)

Good luck getting it squared away.

Patrick,

I understand that the normal view finder comes from Nikon set at -1. Although you can adjust +/-, Nikon has diopters from -3 to +2 for D1/2H/X. You will notice that Nikon doesn't sell a -1. If your eyes need correction say at -2, you need to get a -2 diopter. In other other words, you don't use a -1 diopter to expect it to add to the view finders -1. That doesn't equal -2.

My eyes require a +1, therefore I ordered a +1, now the view finder diopter adjustment is centered and waiting for further aging of my eyes.

Good luck,

Bill

Latest threads

Top Bottom