Nikon DL cameras delayed “indefinitely”?

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I saw that and I find it disappointing, I was hoping to get the 24-85 camera. I assume they are so close in research with the next versions of these cameras that they are going for the "DL version 2" instead, and by then the shortage of sensors are over.

I gave up waiting for Nikon to get its act together on that camera. I just bought a Sony RX100 V and it is a killer camera. And it has a built in viewfinder. Only complaint I have about the Sony is that it has no hotshoe for a stand alone flash, but the built in one can be pointed up for bounce.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I gave up waiting for Nikon to get its act together on that camera. I just bought a Sony RX100 V and it is a killer camera. And it has a built in viewfinder. Only complaint I have about the Sony is that it has no hotshoe for a stand alone flash, but the built in one can be pointed up for bounce.
ditto, spouse needed a compact travel camera, bought a sony Rx100.

There's an update at the bottom.

Says:

"Update: I just received a tip that the new release date for the DL cameras is January 17th, 2017"
Too late for me. I would not bet on that happening at that time and then I always like to wait a while to get some feedback on a new camera and let the mfgr work out the inevitable kinks.

By the way, I forget to mention one serious knock on the Sony RX100V (hope no one minds that I am going off original topic here) - the battery life is nothing short of awful. I bought 3 add'l batts to keep on hand in addition to the one in the camera and I'll bet there are long days when 4 total batts will not be enough.

Last edited:

JPS

Maybe good hopes for the people who invested on the Nikon 1 bodies and lenses... perhaps Nikon will eventually make a V4 or V5 body now ?!?

;)

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I'm quite stunned, I have been dutifully waiting for them to arrive. The DL series offered something to me that was very important in small 1 inch cameras: good ergonomics. I have held the Sony RX100 and find it very hard to hold and use, the DL series had a good looking ergonomic non slippery look, proper controls etc. This is a difficult day for Nikon.

Now this decision must have been made some time ago. I wonder what the team is working on instead? A Nikon DL like Mirror less Interchangeable lens camera would be very nice, i.e merge the Nikon 1 and Nikon DL, and squarely focus on the enthusiast market. That means getting better lenses for it then currently! Or go the canon way and go for AP-s mirrorless instead?

CP+ is coming wonder what Nikon will announce there, D750 replacement probably, hmmm hard to guess if there will be other things...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom