Nikon DR-5 question...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by galupi20, Jun 26, 2007.

1. galupi20

galupi20

Jun 12, 2006
    "...the reproduction ratio can be set to 1:1 or 1:2."

What does it mean ? It is very dificult to me to manual focus with my D2Xs and i want to know if this Nikon DR-5 can help me.

Will I need a DK-17M Magnifying Eyepiece instead ? ( increases viewfinder magnification by approximately 1.2x for added viewing precision. ) Again, I dont know what this magnification means.

Thanks a lot

Luis

2. I have both the DR-5 and the DK-17m.

Both of them magnify the image you see in the finder. The DR-5 magnifies considerably more, and it's switchable so that you can either see closely to really finely focus, or so you can see the entire field including exposure info. Although it's not like the old 6x finders made for the F through F5 (those have been likened to watching a big screen TV), it's a major improvement for stuff like macro work. With the DR-5 at 2x, you can easily see the individual pixels in the AF sensor brackets.

If your subjects are moving around a lot and you can't afford the rather relaxed approach needed by the DR-5, the DK-17m provides some magnification at very little usability cost. Of course, unlike the DR-5, you have a traditional orientation to the camera.