Nikon extended warranty question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crashmeister, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I bought a Nikon extended warranty for my D300 and mailed it in. I never heard back from Nikon. Is this common or should I have received an acknowledgment ?

Thanks,
    Craig.

2. eparr

eparr

Jul 28, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    I think it is normal, I have never received an acknowledgment when submitting an extended warranty to Nikon.

3. I would call Nikon just to confirm. I wouldn't want to hear that they never received it if you should need warrantied repair. :( 

4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I never heard from them either, but when I sent my D200 in under the extended warranty, they verified it was covered.

5. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    In May of this year, I sent in extended warranties for the body and two lenses. I did not hear back from Nikon and did not expect to. As I recall, the form was carbon and you were supposed to keep a copy. In my experience, it is rare for a manufacturer to respond when you mail in a warranty or registration. FWIW, the few times in the distant past I have used a Nikon warranty, I had no problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.