Nikon F2 with a 105mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Jon Neely, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    with 50 1.4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
  3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Great stuff Jon, I particually like Girl 1 and Girl 3

By the way, I've not seen you around here before. Welcome to the cafe! It's always nice to have more contributing members!

4. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    yah I am new around here, but I will keep the photos coming. Thanks for the comments!

Jon

5. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

1 and 2 are my favorites, but they're all great! Cool stuff.

6. Welcome and I really look forward to seeing your examples as I recently picked up a 105 f1.8 and have only shot it minimally.

7. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Its a great lens, a heavy beast but sharp as hell.

Jon

8. Here ya go John. Welcome to the luddite's forum! The three images of the young lady are enchanting! The softness and blue tone of the second one is really well done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  9. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    welcome aboard, John. Good work! I agree with Ray, Number two is terrific. Well done!

10. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Thanks for the upload help, I am not familiar on how that is done, I can do video all day long, but getting the right photo size up here, well is challenging, I have another roll about ready to go through the DI soon. Thanks for the comments! All color grading was done in Iphoto, haha dont hate me, I just dont know how exactly to use Light Room CORRECTLY yet, if only they made it like FCP... ahh life would be sooooo good.

Jon

11. Jon, just go to your photo site and click on the thumbnail. When the larger image comes up right click on it (or command click). Choose copy image address then paste here.

12. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Now it just seems too easy, good to know sir, I now have the insight for the next string of photos!

Jon

13. Lovely images Jon.
    I love shooting with Ai(S) lenses. For a while I shot with those exclusively on my D2x.
    I have since sold most of them, but I hung on to my all time favorite: the 105mm f/1.8 - In my opinion Nikon's best portrait lens. I have not shot a lot with it, but the images from it are among my very best.

14. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  15. Nice shots Jon. The 105 f/1.8 AIS will probably be my next lens purchase. And it is nice to see images from it. I like #2 and the silhouette #4.

16. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Thanks, I will get some more pics with it with my D2x when i comes in... So hopefully on friday. Also I will have my new Tokina in also, 11-16, cant wait!

Jon

17. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    what

Hey John,
    What are you doing here?
    You have just given away my most highly guarded, top secret portrait tool!
    Now everyone will be shooting a Nikkor 105!
    What am i to do? Now?