Nikon F6 review

Real Name
Chris
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, Ming used to be an active member here. I remember him from the old Challenges.

Not sure about the F6 though. It's a sweet camera, but the better F5 can be had for less than half the price.
I have both, F6 handles much better and meters better as well. But not by much. I'd pick the F6 hands down over any other Nikon film camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Chris
I have neither, but used both. The F6's lack of finders and a real mirror lock up make it much less appealing for anything except hand held photography, which neither really excel at.

The F6 is the reason I sometimes dislike digital. I wish Kodachrome was still a viable option against digital. I'd grab an F6 instantly.

I grab up my F6 as often as I do my D700 which itself is being overtaken by my Contax G2 with the Zeiss 28/2.8 on it, that is until I really lucked out and got a BNIB FM3A from CameraQuest. Goodness sakes, what an ergonomic delight that is. :D I'm also fortunate enough to live nearby Philadelphia Photographics which does a heck of a good job developing and hi-rez scanning, and they offer a two-three day turn around since I can drive over to drop off and pick up. Good people. ... anthony

FWIW, I bought one of this gentleman's F6's. He is an excellent seller IMO in a transaction that was flawless. Hope this helps anyone who might be interested.

Moved from the F5 to F6 a few weeks ago. It simply feels better, metering is sweet and the 5-8 exposures per second comes in handy at times.

Chris: I don't know if it is "big" vs. "small." However, the balance is definitely better (for me) with the 105DC or Zeiss 35. Thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom