1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. Hey everyone,

i have a question. Well this coming school year, ill be taking photo in school and i need a film camera. I was looking into getting a FM10.

My question is: Does anyone know is the lenses i have will fit the FM10?

I have the 18-55 VR. 55-200VR. 70-300 Telephoto. 50mm f/1.8.

Thank you everyone,

Charlie

2. They will fit (ie, they will mount), but the 18-55 and 55-200 will not cover the entire frame, and you will not be able to set the aperture on the 70-300. Only your 50mm lens will fully function as you want to will full manual control.

3. RedTownCats

RedTownCats

Jun 23, 2007
    UK
    Yep, only the 50.

Don't know the price of the FM10 (never seen one) but you might be better getting a nice used FM2n, FE2, or even an FG (not the FG20). The old bodies are solid and offer everything you'll need.

Look on http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/photography.htm for more information.

4. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Very true, forget about the plasticy Cosina-made FM10.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The OP was lent a N80 camera by another member. See here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. haha sorry chris, i forgot to check back here. I figured the other spot was better for this, and would get quicker replies, but yes i am being lent a N80 by Roger, but i will end up buying a film for myself too at some point, so thank you all for your replies!

7. werp

werp

Jun 10, 2009
    US
    The FM10 is a great camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.