Nikon GP-1 GPS unit

Hello,

I just received my Dawntech di-GPS Pro-L unit today.

Seems to work pretty much as advertised. First signal find took about 30 sec, after that is just a sec or two. Very small and lightweight.

The unit has a 10 pin port on it, so that one can hook a cable release into the GPS unit when it is using the camera's port. No need for Y cables.

I think I'm going attach some velcro so that I can hook the gps onto the side of my flash when the flash is taking up the hotshoe, otw the hotshoe is a fine place for it.

I'm happy with it. I've been using a Garmin 60Csx and inserting the gps data on ingestion from a card for a while, but this is certainly more elegant.

Can someone post a picture of his GP-1 on camera (with 10pin connector) connected. I'm wondering about the cable length and how much it will be in the way (or not).
Thanks.

Can someone post a picture of his GP-1 on camera (with 10pin connector) connected. I'm wondering about the cable length and how much it will be in the way (or not).
Thanks.

I'm guessing they made it a little longer for those who want to clip it onto a camera strap rather than mount on the hot shoe. It's not been the problem I thought it might be.

GP-1 Cable 2009-03-01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hello,

I just received my Dawntech di-GPS Pro-L unit today.

Seems to work pretty much as advertised. First signal find took about 30 sec, after that is just a sec or two. Very small and lightweight.

The unit has a 10 pin port on it, so that one can hook a cable release into the GPS unit when it is using the camera's port. No need for Y cables.

I think I'm going attach some velcro so that I can hook the gps onto the side of my flash when the flash is taking up the hotshoe, otw the hotshoe is a fine place for it.

I'm happy with it. I've been using a Garmin 60Csx and inserting the gps data on ingestion from a card for a while, but this is certainly more elegant.

I wonder how the lower power consumption on the new di-GPS Pro L model compares to the older di-GPS Pro model. Did you own the previous model?

Latest threads

Top Bottom