Nikon halts service/repair service, for now

This reminds me of the time I sent a lens to a one-man repair shop decades ago. Months later when I hadn't heard from him, which at the time was of no concern, I called him to learn the status of the lens. His wife answered the phone and told me that he had contracted the flu and had died. That was before I was aware that so many people die of the flu and its complications every year.

This reminds me of the time I sent a lens to a one-man repair shop decades ago. Months later when I hadn't heard from him, which at the time was of no concern, I called him to learn the status of the lens. His wife answered the phone and told me that he had contracted the flu and had died. That was before I was aware that so many people die of the flu and its complications every year.
Same happened to me, but with a camera.
Luckily the camera was not in pieces on the bench, and I was able to get it back and use it.

This whole situation may be another nail in Nikon's coffin. They've already been slipping down the financial slope. If the business restrictions that are being imposed world wide last very long any company with shaky books may not come out the other side. At least not as it currently looks.

Real Name
Andrew
This whole situation may be another nail in Nikon's coffin. They've already been slipping down the financial slope. If the business restrictions that are being imposed world wide last very long any company with shaky books may not come out the other side. At least not as it currently looks.
Japanese companies, given their business structures are probably better insulated against economic times that we are and are going to face. I'm thinking they will be just fine through this as will most other electronics companies. They can lean on their partners.

Nikon is not only photography, they have other divisions.
Industrial optics won't slow much. The IC companies can't afford to let the competition get ahead of them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom