Nikon in "Superman Returns"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jStat, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Probably been mentioned here, but if not, have a look at the Nikons used in this movie.

In one scene, Lex Luthor is entering a Museum with what looks like a D70 dangling off his neck.

The very next time we see him, a Nikon camera strap can be seen, with "D2H" on it.

We never see that camera again, and this really means nothing, but I was surprised that I would actually spot this stuff when I watch movies now.

2. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Yeah, whenever I watch movies I love picking out the photographers camera models.

3. I get a kick out of CSI. Nikon must pay a hefty fee for all of the advertising they get.

4. I get a kick out of how they use what looks like a kit zoom lens and end with some crazy macro shots! :tongue: It doesn't really matter, but now that I know better, it's kind of funny to imagine someone new to the hobby thinking, "Hey, that looks like my set-up... why can't I get shots like that???" :biggrin:

5. You mean like in 'Underworld' where Kate Beckinsale's character is on top of a skyscraper and is able to zoom in all the way to the ground with what looks like a 24-85 lens? Hahahahaha!

6. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    They also use Nikon cameras on NCIS.

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Yeah D100 in the earlier series and D200 in the later ones...
    Is it sad that I noticed??

8. Way back in the early 90's when Melrose place was one, one of the main characters, a woman, was a studio photographer, they would often show her in the studio doing shoots with some cheesy SLR with no motor drive attached, yet with every shot, you would hear a motor drive sound, also there was no cord attached to her camera for strobes, but they magically went off each time she took a shot, total cheese. At least these days they are a little more accurate.

9. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    The Wire used Nikons. But I they were using F2's or something like that.

10. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Yes, this movie was mentioned before on here - when it came out - but not about Lex Luthor, but rather about Jimmy Olson's camera being a Nikon. Don't remember what model though.

11. I love when they portray paparazzi, we're still using film cameras and manual flashes with no flash brackets. The movie industry needs to get with the times man!

12. Loki_D_Wolf

Loki_D_Wolf Guest

Darling Nikon

I do the same thing! To me, Nikon seems to rule in the movie/television department. But that's just been my observation. :cool:

13. I also think there was also another thread discussing the Nikon the Eddie Brock character used in Spiderman 3

14. It seems it switches quite often. CSI shows and The Wire would switch between Nikon and Canon in different seasons.

15. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    on the show on Sho-time "Dexter", Dexter also used a Nikon.

Jon

16. Loki_D_Wolf

Loki_D_Wolf Guest

Take the picture!

Guess it comes down to sponsorship. It's like NASCAR. One week Gordon is Dupont then another week he's Pepsi. It's truly a money thing I bet.

17. LOL! Exactly like that!