Nikon is not alone :)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Iliah, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    "All of us here at Peachpit were quite alarmed to hear about the binding problems with Dan's bestselling Photoshop LAB book. We've taken swift action. We put all warehouse stock from that particular print run on hold, and we're only shipping out copies from the new corrected run. I urge anyone who has experienced this problem to call me personally and I will make sure you get a replacement copy from the new printing.

We pride ourselves on our high production values, and because of the color-critical subject matter in this book, we made sure it was printed at our highest quality four-color printer. They too were alarmed to learn about this problem. This book should not be falling apart and there is quite simply no excuse for that.

To squarely address the "publisher's expectations of sales" for Dan's book: Every year at our national sales conference, when we present the next year's list, I share with our sales force my "personal wild card" pick for an unexpected bestseller. Dan's book was my "wildcard pick" last year. I have been personally very invested in seeing that Dan's unique approach to Photoshop color gets as much attention as possible because it is such an amazing book. I've been in graphics publishing for 25 years and no one has ever tackled this until Dan! I'm exceptionally proud to be Dan's publisher and this book is truly one of a kind. On behalf of Peachpit and our printer, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

Kind regards,

Nancy

-----

Nancy Aldrich-Ruenzel
    VP/Publisher, Peachpit and New Riders
    Division of Pearson Technology Group
    Publisher's Admin x174
    nar@peachpit.com

1249 8th Street
    Berkeley, CA 94710
    www.peachpit.com "

2. Gale