Nikon Italy

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by kgill, Jul 23, 2008.

1. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
    For anyone who may need the services of Nikon Italy, I got my 17-35mm back today, and with a few hand held test shots, it seems dramatically improved.

Quick review of the service: It appears they fixed my lens, but it was frustrating dealing with them. They took a month to repair which isn't so bad, but didn't update the repair status on their site until I called their toll number to ask them what was up, at which point my lens was fixed and returned within two days of my call. (typical Italian occurrence). The lens was sent back packaged VERY well, but with no documentation of what they did. They said they forgot to include that. I have no choice but to deal with them again, but if you're the type of person that likes precise answers when dealing with these types of issues, Nikon Italy isn't the repair facility for you.

For what it's worth, they said that nothing was wrong with my lens, that they were unable to take any soft or out of focus pictures with the lens, nonetheless, they calibrated the autofocus and something else.

They insisted that my lens behavior was within Nikon's tolerance levels.

However there is a pretty dramatic difference between the before and after-- I'm sorry for Nikon that their system tolerates how my lens behaved before!

I will send this lens for review to Nikon USA when I go back to the U.S. next.

Now let's see what they do to my 24-70... (see later post on my DEAD 24-70....$1800 repair!!! discounted from $2457!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.