Nikon Japan Issues Official Apology Over Significant Nikon 1 V3 Shortage

I think it is simple. With the underwhelming response to the V1/V2 at inception, Nikon figured that 4 V3's would be sold immediately. Obviously they did not bother to check with the dealers who had pre-orders, heck, that would be cheating. So they did what any smart company would do, they produced 3 times as many as they figured would sell.

That first dozen went pretty darned quick now, didn't they?????? ;);)

Well, there's me, and maybe two other people, on the backorder list. It's going on 7 weeks. They can apologize all day, but I sure would rather see a delivery date.

no shortage in Oz. they arent selling any of them apart from the one i bought super cheap. :wacky:

Well, it's an option, of course, but I have this really good bundled deal set up at B&H, and I really want the whole package. V3 (comes with grip & EVF), FT-1 lens adapter (free), 30-110mm N1 lens ($146). Total $1343.90. If your local shop can match that, I'll buy it right now.

Still lots of stock here. I just bought the last VF in oz, at least a 4 week wait for those according to nikon, but loads of cameras.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom