1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Lanyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fivestar_08, Jul 29, 2009.

1. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    how about buying that lens! What is that thing?

2. That lens is a Sigma 200x500 and comes with a teleconverter to make it a 400x1000. It is listed at B&H for "only" 28999.00. :biggrin:

Just your average walk around lens,,,,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  3. checked nikonmall, but didnt find anything there, still searchin around too.

4. Last time i checked on it, a month or two ago, directly from sigma it was $32,999. I wish i had that kind of money!

5. snegron

snegron

Jul 29, 2007
    SW Florida
  6. snegron

snegron

Jul 29, 2007
    SW Florida
    Still makes no sense despite the aperture difference on the Sigma vs. Nikon. Nikon has VR which will make up the difference and is considered by many one of the greatest lenses ever made by Nikon.

After some debate I purchased a Nikon 300mm 4.0 AF-S a couple of years ago because it was cheaper than than the 2.8 version. If Nikon would have had a VR version at the time I would have not even considered a 2.8 to begin with! It would have been a no-brainer!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.