Nikon Manual Focus Glass - Part III

A very rusty situation, JT !
Yesterday I made my entrance in the FujiLand, acquiring an ''old'' X-E2 (4.01 firmware) .
Here is a set of photos taken along with my trusty Nikkor 105 f2.5 AI :
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1 w the 55mm 3.5 Micro on XE-1:
View attachment 1524
Nice detail, little or no distortion.
Always like your images with this lens, JT!

A very rusty situation, JT !
Yesterday I made my entrance in the FujiLand, acquiring an ''old'' X-E2 (4.01 firmware) .
Here is a set of photos taken along with my trusty Nikkor 105 f2.5 AI :
View attachment 1525
View attachment 1526
View attachment 1527
View attachment 1528
View attachment 1529
View attachment 1530
Really like these, bebitzul!
I definitely need to find an opportunity to use mine again :)

Thanks for liking my photos, Bart, Ray, Brian and JT .
JT, what can I tell about manual focusing with X-E2 : is a work in progress, I struggle to find the best option of focus peaking regarding the colour to use . I think the '' high white '' is the solution .

Joanna in High Key
Another forgotten picture re-discovered while searching out images for another photo essay.
This photo of our daughter was shot in 1986 after I read an article on high key portraits in a magazine (Pop Photo?/ Modern Photography?/ Petersen's Photographic?) and decided to try my hand. Set up in our living room with two flashes, a bunch of reflectors and a projector screen as the background, I was quite pleased with the result.
motorized Nikon FE-2
Nikkor 105 2.5 AI manual focus
Kodachrome 64
probably f4 @ 1/250th

Thanks for liking my photos, Bart, Ray, Brian and JT .
JT, what can I tell about manual focusing with X-E2 : is a work in progress, I struggle to find the best option of focus peaking regarding the colour to use . I think the '' high white '' is the solution .
Well, I too struggled with the same thing--however, I eventually realized, for me, it's best to shut off the focus peaking and look for a good line a high magnification. I almost gave up on the body, but eventually I discerned a way to nail focus, even better than I can with my D700--practice, practice--practice. I do agree, if you are using focus peaking, white is the most functional color. Good luck. BTW, from what I've heard, the XE-2 is better for focusing than the XE-1--so you can easily do it. jt

Joanna in High Key
Another forgotten picture re-discovered while searching out images for another photo essay.
This photo of our daughter was shot in 1986 after I read an article on high key portraits in a magazine (Pop Photo?/ Modern Photography?/ Petersen's Photographic?) and decided to try my hand. Set up in our living room with two flashes, a bunch of reflectors and a projector screen as the background, I was quite pleased with the result.
motorized Nikon FE-2
Kodachrome 64
probably f4 @ 1/250th
Yes Robert--the added work you put into the lighting really shows here--beautiful picture. jt

Judy B. in Kensington
Recently re-discovered in my slide collection while preparing a photo essay on our kids and their friends when they were younger.
Probably taken in Kensington Market (the telephone pole is the clue), this is another shot of our good friends oldest daughter Judy, a life-long friend of our Son and his wife.
motorized Nikon FE-2
Ektachrome 100 ISO colour slide
probably 2.8 @ 1/500th

^^Such a wonderful mood; great feel. None of the "snap, crackle and pop" of modern digital capture! Nostalgia at its best! Thank you.
Agreed--love the splendid mood. I shot a lot of film, but love everything digital has brought to photography. jt

Yeah, I loved film, and still do; but, alas, the cool-aid got to me. I still spend lots of time going over my 1000s of slides. So those of you who still practice the ancient art of film are to be commended and followed :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom