Nikon Manuals App for iPad

If you haven't already tried it, the Nikon Manuals App for iPad is worth a look.

Search at the App Store - two versions - I have version 2.

DG

Is EVERYONE downloading this and the appropriate manuals right now? I have the first version and downloaded the second one... every manual I try to grab seems to fail downloading many times before completing - so far I'm 1 for 4...
Any idea what the differences are between the first and second versions?

What does the app offer over simply adding the PDF's to iBooks? Convenience of not having it to do yourself?

Hi Lurker,

Never tried the PDF way in iBooks - only just found out about it on the back of my new D600 Manual.

All I can say is that it is fully interactive and very quick.

Why not try it?

DG

Real Name
Michael
I...Any idea what the differences are between the first and second versions?

From the app description:

Improvements:
The interface has been overhauled. The bookshelf is now the home screen and contains “settings” and “download” buttons.

Viewer Functions:
•Page turns are now much faster.
•A scroll bar has been added.
•The size of the buttons has been changed.
•A “back” button has been added to return you to the previous screen.

Notice;
Nikon Manual Viewer 2 functions as a separate app from Nikon Manual Viewer. Manuals downloaded with Nikon Manual Viewer can not be viewed in Nikon Manual Viewer 2. We apologize for the inconvenience, but you will need to download the manuals again using Nikon Manual Viewer 2.

* iOS 5.1.1 or later recommended

What does the app offer over simply adding the PDF's to iBooks? Convenience of not having it to do yourself?

Just tried the Android version. On my phone, Adobe's own Acrobat app was preferable for these manuals (text reflow lets you increase the font size in most places without having to scroll around to read every line). Would be more useful on a tablet, but really just for the convenience of the integrated downloads.

This is great. Thanks for posting this. Just got done downloading all my manual's onto my iPhone.

Thanks, I downloaded the D300 manual. It's a lot easier than carrying around the regular one!

Carole

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom