Nikon MB-D11

Got mine today and for anyone with big hands, I highly recommend getting this. The camera with my sigma 70-200 has a better balanced feel to it now.

B

BrandonK

I've read a lot about the D11 and the reviews seem to be a mixed bag. Some say it's tight and rigid to the body, others say it's loose and actually slides a little bit.

How does yours fair?

I've read a lot about the D11 and the reviews seem to be a mixed bag. Some say it's tight and rigid to the body, others say it's loose and actually slides a little bit.

How does yours fair?
Mine is tight and rigid. I have had 2 gripped D80's and 2 gripped D90's and none of those felt as sturdy or as high quality as this gripped D7000.

Im really torn on getting one. I really do not care for the battery configuration of the grip. Seems really stupid to have a battery still in the body.

Im really torn on getting one. I really do not care for the battery configuration of the grip. Seems really stupid to have a battery still in the body.

Don't leave a battery in the body. I find it hard to believe many here need to shoot over 800 pictures with out having 30 seconds to change a battery. This new battery last a lot longer than you think. GH

How does yours fair?

The slide that you can get is from the side opposite of the screw. The grip is tight, but it has pins that force a perfect alignment and there's a teeny tiny amount of play between the pen and the hole it fits into.

It has hard to notice, does not impact, and if it really bugs you you can use a 1cm square of thin plastic laid over where the pen goes into the hole on that side.

As for fit... It really does feel good to hold. Not too big to carry in your normal bags, but a much better fit on the hands.

I played with one on a body in the local store. I really would buy it locally but between the higher price and the sales tax it would be more than $50.00 additional. I could put that money towards other accesories.

It just looks great

Trying to find an obvious reason for adding the MB-D11 to my 7K, which I did...such as, it feels balanced, nice for the vertical shots, but hey, I have to admit, it just looks kickin' beautiful on that camera, with a 24/70 2.8 and a big ole' lens hood!:biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom