1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon News.....8/27

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GenoP754, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Wow! Big is an understatement.

2. I agree!

GenoP

3. Hopefully my next camera won't have to be a Microsoft D400.

4. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    I'm not sure what is so big about the news... The announcement in no way indicates the level of involvment on either part. A lot of companies cross license technology, especially technologiy that may have been puchased as intelectual property along with a subsidiary buy out. Don't really see any reason to get excited.

5. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    NEWS, September 29th, 2008...

"Introducing Microsoft NX."

(Bugs included at no extra charge.)

6. How about Windows NX ?

GP

7. Oh, okay! I thought it meant that Nikon & Microsoft would develop something together or maybe, nikon would be given access to new technologies that are being developed by Microsoft's R&D.
    Microsoft has often been everybody's whipping boy but I can't even imagine what kind of new technology they must be developing. Enough, I guess, to make what we think of as high-tech now as antiques. With all their money, I don't think they've limited themselves just in the software business.

8. In the past the road to Redmond has tended to be a one-way street!

9. RadarPing

RadarPing

Feb 14, 2007
    Conroe, Texas
    Of all the companies to partner with? Microsoft? Why not Adobe, the industry leader? Nikon has to pay Microsoft? I guess they are going to produce a product together to go head to head with Adobe's share of the market?

10. Well, Nikon "went to bed" with NIK and look at the issue of THAT marriage... Could Microsoft be any worse? There is a 7 in 10 chance things could improve...

11. I'm sorry, but everytime MS "marries" a company, they end up getting divorced after stealing their technology.....

How do you think we got Windows 95.....

12. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    I can see it now! Apple partners with Canon and there will be a whole new set of TV ads pitting CanoAp VS NikoPC!!! I wonder if the new Nikon cameras will need virus protection?:rolleyes: 

13. Will I have to run Vista on my D400? And I agree with riversideray and gofast: very few companies come out better after dealing with M$.

14. Alias

Alias

Aug 23, 2008
    Brighton UK
    bollocks, that means the nikon D4 will come out doing 20 frames per second then after a month it will do 10 frames per second then after half a year it will do one frame per second then the screen will go blue and the camera will be useless.

15. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    I agree.

The relationship between Adobe and Nikon has been questionable at best. In fact, either Nikon or Adobe had to put an official statement on their website indicating that they were working with the other, including NEF support (I just don't remember which site it was, but I think it was Adobe's).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.