Nikon or APS or other, Camera needs to go in

My D300S will be out of warranty soon and, at times, the mirror sticks up, have to remove battery to get it back down. I also get a ERR when using it with my 300 AFS

I have cleaned the contacts with good clean from radio shack.
I'm in IL and I'm sure shipping to APS would be much cheaper!!

I'mnot sure if anything needs done to the AFS or not, its the older AFS version.

Just looking for some feed back !!

last time Nikon had my gear it took 4 weeks to get it back :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. So you only get the error with the 300/2.8? It is possible that the problem could be the lens and not the body. I sent in my 70-200/2.8 VRI and my D90 because of intermittent loss of focus. Even after a couple of DeOxit cleanings.

Nikon (El Segundo) claimed the D90 was fine and did their usual check+clean on it. But they replaced the electrical contacts on the 70-200 and some "other parts." Everything seems fine now.

Andrew -

I'm confident that Nikon keeps track of serial numbers that have been sent back for repair. I base that on the only time that I'd had to send something to El Segundo more than once.

You should include all previous info and a copy of Nikon's receipt / response when you send it back again.

It *might* be a problem with the aperture lever on the cam (solely based on a previous experience of mine with a D200 acting similarly), but yeah, I think both should be sent in.

After I sent my D200 in a second time for the "ERR" message (I'd also cleaned contacts on it and all my lenses), El Segundo sent me a brand new D200 in response!

Hang in there, and I hope that things will be cleared up for you soon.

Sorry to hear that. So you only get the error with the 300/2.8? It is possible that the problem could be the lens and not the body. I sent in my 70-200/2.8 VRI and my D90 because of intermittent loss of focus. Even after a couple of DeOxit cleanings.

Nikon (El Segundo) claimed the D90 was fine and did their usual check+clean on it. But they replaced the electrical contacts on the 70-200 and some "other parts." Everything seems fine now.
yup i used the deoxit

it has only happened with the 300 but its the only lens that I shoot for hours at a time!!!

Andrew -

I'm confident that Nikon keeps track of serial numbers that have been sent back for repair. I base that on the only time that I'd had to send something to El Segundo more than once.

You should include all previous info and a copy of Nikon's receipt / response when you send it back again.

It *might* be a problem with the aperture lever on the cam (solely based on a previous experience of mine with a D200 acting similarly), but yeah, I think both should be sent in.

After I sent my D200 in a second time for the "ERR" message (I'd also cleaned contacts on it and all my lenses), El Segundo sent me a brand new D200 in response!

Hang in there, and I hope that things will be cleared up for you soon.
i'll do that, I got the lens used and its way way out of warranty but maybe I'll just send it to nikon hopfully its nothing major with the lens :mad:

Latest threads

Top Bottom