Nikon, Please delay the d200!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Dec 9, 2005.

1. There are some important reasons why a delay would be a good thing for me.

#4: It will give me a chance to look over the new dslr that Canon will announce to upstage the d200. Then I'll disregard it and buy Nikon anyway.

#3: I'm an adult. I'm supposed to be playing Santa Claus this time of the year, not acting like a greedy kid throwing a tantrum because I can't have a new toy just when I want it.

#2: If the d200 is delayed, I might be able to pay off my new 85/1.4 before Adorama hits my credit card again.

#1: I need some time to get over my Holiday Hangover :-/.

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

After seeing this picture, no one will have to ask if you had a Merry Christmas.....

3. Too funny :biggrin:

Question is: Will you remember Christmas at all?

4. Dear Uncle Santa Frank,

I've been extra double good this year. Are your Reindeer well fed and ready to go?

For Christmas I wish for peace on earth, good health for all of my family & Nikon Cafe friends and the same camera equipment as you, present and future.

Instead of milk and cookies like last year, I'll leave Grey Goose vodka and St. Pauli Girl, as long as you promise to let Rudolf drive.

Yours in the Nikon brotherhood,
    Greg

5. Hehe... yeah... Let me share a secret with you... D200 will be clicking very soon...

6. I feel certain that the Nikon Corporation has heard you and will place your request where all the important such requests go. By the way it is dark in there. Sober up Frank and start figuring out how you are going to pay this new charge on your CC off.:eek: :biggrin:

7. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    UF
    The picture puts me in mind of the saying that "if you can remember the 60's, you weren't there". It looks like you are set for a Happy Christmas, and I wish you and yours exactly that.

PS Dont worry about the d200 - get the second round and let the bugs be ironed out (backfocussing on the D70?).

8. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

If it comes-- you can always resell it at a profit or handling charge.

9. No chance, Birger. Once I touch it, I'll have to keep it.

10. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Dear UF,

Throw me a beer and let me share your despair.

And, ah, when the D200 arrives, throw me the camera and I share your happiness :biggrin: .

Happy Christmas,

11. That's my Bad Santa shot, Patrick. Here's what I looked like in the 60s.

Sweet bird of youth, where have you flown?

12. Wait just a DOGGONE MINUTE here, mister UF. If memory serves, the #1 reason should be:

#1, drum roll please - "I heard on DPReview that some bloke name of UF said, nay, GUARONNTEEEDDDDED, that our precious little D200 wouldn't show up on time"

By the way, I didn't read that, I think my grandad told me...or maybe it was a little birdie what hummed it in my ear.....:biggrin: :biggrin:

So NOW you know the REST of the story....

( nudge-nudge-:wink: :wink: .... c'mon Frank and Patrick where is my nudge-nudge-:wink: :wink: emoticon??? It is taking about as long as that Full-Frame Nikon DSLR to be delivered )

13. Stoned, fer sure, dude......:wink:

14. GaryW

GaryW Guest

If you remember the '60s, you weren't there.

15. That's the beauty of photos. Based on my personal memories, the universe was created last year.

16. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Great humor! I'm going to enjoy this site!:cool:

17. Frank
    you are a RIOT! this is hilarious, tho you are looking kinda serious.
    Dave

18. Say I had a similar look on my face today.

When I arrived home from work, my son looked up and me and said "I'm sorry you're grumpy!" He also seems to be afraid of Santa.

I'm thinking he'd have a lot to say to you. :biggrin:

19. Good taste in beer Frank...can't beat the Irish!

bob

20. Frank!

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my D200. I'm like a kid with his nose pressed hard against the toy shop window.

If it's late, I'm not gonna be happy. And I'm gonna blame you. And I'm gonna be lookin' for ya. And there ain't gonna be a mountain high enough...

Consider Aunt Nancy. She is one lovely lady but I don't think black is her colour.

Recant your heresy while there's still time.