Nikon Point and shoots. *** NOW WITH PICS ***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike's D50, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Mike's D50

Mike's D50

Jul 16, 2006
    I am disgusted with the quality of Nikon's point and shoot digital cameras. I have a Coolpix 7600 or some **** like that and it worked extremely well and then wouldn't take a single decent picture (very blurred). I sent it back to them and got it back and it was very touchy. Sometimes I would get good pics and the next moment they would be all blurred. I took that back and used the cash for my D50 which I like alot. So anyway a couple months ago I decided to give Nikon another try and got the Pink S9 coolpix for my mom. I am so disgusted with the quality of the pictures this camera takes. You have to be DEAD STILL and I mean DEAD STILL to take a non-blurry picture. I sharpshoot rifle and I'm pretty good at it, so I know how still I have to be. But these cameras are horrible. I had an OLD HP 318 Photosmart or whatever, and it NEVER EVER blurred. I see my friends with cameras that cost wayy less than this one taking WAYY better pictures. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  2. No not really. I love my Cool pix s50, nice and sharp. why don't post some images and let have a look at it.
    in fact even thinking about getting the P500

3. Mike's D50

Mike's D50

Jul 16, 2006
    nikon132.
    nikon127.
    nikon124.
    nikon121.
    nikon119.

4. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Get a Canon SD800 IS. Does a wonderful job during the day.

5. Mike's D50

Mike's D50

Jul 16, 2006
    I would but right now I'm stuck with this overpriced $250 piece of ****. This camera doesn't even deserve to wipe my rear.

6. Don't beat around the bush, Mike. Tell us how you REALLY feel.:biggrin:

7. Mike's D50

Mike's D50

Jul 16, 2006
    I feel like I'll trade this thingus to anyone for an FM10. :eek::biggrin:

8. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    Does this model have VR? That would be helpful. Since most point and shoot cameras don't have viewfinders, I find that having to hold the camera in front of you while looking at the LCD screen isn't as stable as if you were to hold it up to your eye and look thru the viewfinder like on SLRs.

9. sylwesterski

sylwesterski

Jul 25, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    Cool, I haven't seen three wheelers for a long time.

10. jcovert

jcovert Guest

Those really are some bad pics. Even for $250. Plenty of daylight too. I don't get it.

11. I tend to agree. I a big Nikon fan, but the Canon P&S cameras are way, way better. My wife has the S2IS and I just got my 10 year old daughter an A570IS. The S2 is begining to show its age, the the A570 is fantastic.

12. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I got a Nikon P5000, despite being doubtful about the autofocus speed and the lack of manual focus. I've been unhappy about the finicky autofocus, and was also getting consistently blurred pictures. But I've been playing with it and may be getting the hang of it. I think you have to be very careful about having a high contrast point of focus. It's probably too late for me to return mine also, so I'll just keep working on it.

DAB

13. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    Has anyone used the new Coolpix L12 yet? That is a 7 MP camera with VR and the ability to shoot at ISO 1600. The best part is that it costs less than $200. It's also very small so you can put it in your pocket. They were able to make it so inexpensive by eliminating things such as WiFi features, a self timer, and the ability to shoot movies with it (to the extent that the point and shoots can shoot short movie clips). They basically made it into just a standard feature camera, which is really all most of us need. I was wondering if anyone had used one yet and what their opinion was of it.

14. SoCalBob

SoCalBob

Feb 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Instead of going the Nikon (or Canon) route when I was shopping for a P&S recently, I went with the Fuji Finepix F20 ($149) instead because of its excellent high-ISO performance, up to 1600. Quite pleased with it. The Finepix F30 for $100 more adds a true manual mode.

15. my daughters 80 dollar Vivatar takes fine pix, up to 5X7....

16. I've got a Coolpix P3 that I generally use for digiscoping, occassionally I use it for documentation purposes in my field. While I thoroughly enjoy it's performance as a digiscope tool, it's p&s aspect isn't too bad either. It's an 8mp with VR and a 3.5 optical zoom.
    Here's a couple in macro mode, no pp, just resized, for comparison.
    Florida Scrub-jay nestling approx 14 days old
    original.

Florida Scrub-jay nestlings 1 egg, 2 nestlings 1-2 days old
    View attachment 101590

17. morcguy

morcguy

Dec 29, 2006
    Minnesota
    We have a Coolpix L3, also takes miserable pictures. Replaced it with a Canon A550 (granted its a little more expensive) which takes pretty decent shots. I gave the L3 to my 8 year old son.