Nikon purchase/rebate question???

There are few things better than helping a friend spend a ridiculous amount of money.
I've been waiting for price reductions I've seen a few, but I think any future reductions won't equal the Rebate plan currently in place from Nikon
question # 1, Rebate plan effective till 01/07/07 correct????
q # 2, Does this involve the store at time of purchase or strictly AFTER I receive my purchase, send in a form ( from Nikon or store?) along with proof of purchase info to Nikon?
q # 3, Do they need to receive this info before Rebate plan expires,.. or merely my DATED purchase be before the Rebate expiration date??

Forgive my ignorance, I'm about to pull the trigger on a D200, 85 f 1.4, AND the 2.8 70-200 VR..... I've 1/2 in Cash. Yea I know.
she's getting a new Dining Room set with our Tax returns in March.:biggrin:

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
You're talking about the current triple rebates, right?

You have to have purchased and taken delivery of your items by January 28, 2007. You'll have to download the rebate form from each vendor that you're buying from, because they're preprinted with the vendor name, and the vendor name on the form has to match the vendor name on your receipt (within reason...I buy from BuyDig.com, and my receipts say BuyDig, but my rebate forms say Beach Trading Co, which is the owner of BuyDig.) If you're buying from a brick-and-mortar store, they should have the rebate forms there. You can buy from 3 different vendors if you want and still get the triple rebate...just send in the form for each. The rebates all happen after-the-fact...you buy your stuff, make sure it works, cut up your boxes, tear apart your warranty slips and send in the necessary parts :smile:

Your rebate request has to be postmarked by February 28, 2007. Nikon turnaround on these is fast. Mine (I bought the 70-200 VR, 1.7xTC and another SB-800) have already been processed and checks issued, and it's only been about 3 weeks since I mailed it in.

Follow the directions on rebate form to the letter (especially regarding the barcodes and warranty copies that you need to submit.) And make copies of everything, so you'll have the info in case your rebate gets lost, misdirected or otherwise goofed up.

These triple rebates were great for me...if you're buying 3 things, now is the time to do it!

Sommer,
The Voice of Experience! Thats EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. Thank you VERY much.
I do almost all my biz with Buydig. Love 'em, but they don't carry the lenses I want. I looked! Also Buydig has the D200 for $1309.00 w/free shipping
BH has it priced for $1349, but they have the lenses.
So I'll buy Camera from 1, lenses from the other.
Thanks again for youre input. I'll download the rebate forms from each store site as you said.

& btw Happy New Year : ~ )

Latest threads

Top Bottom