Nikon RAW and PSCS

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by super_rep, Apr 5, 2005.

1. I just got a new laptop and made the mistake of installing PSCS as the first program. I then installed NIKON View, Capture and Capture Editor. Nikon, without asking, reconfigured PSCS to use the Nikon raw converter instead of the PSCS raw converter.

Question? How can I turn off the Nikon raw converter so I can use the PSCS raw converter?

Thanks,

Chet :?:

2. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

With Photoshop NOT running, go to the plugins folder and find the Adobe Photoshop Only folder and then the File Formats folder - rename the Nikon Nef plugin to Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi.old (i.e. add .old to the end of the file name. Similarly for the YCC TIFF plugin.

Relaunch Photoshop and ACR should now be active again.

3. Thanks Carol. I knew it was something simple like that, but I guess I was having a "senior moment" and couldn't seem to get there.

Chet