Nikon Repair Authorized Service San Diego

I travel to San Diego several times monthly and would like to take my 28-70/2.8 for service. I see there is a Kurts Camera located there as an authorized repair center. Has anyone had any experience with them, good or bad?

Kurts Camera

I've used Kurts several times for a variety of issues--nothing major but things that needed to be done. I have always found them to be reliable, quick and fairly priced. Their facility isn't too impressive, but they give good service and I trust them.

Hope that helps.

Ron

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the feedback Ron. I'm going to drop off my 28-70 /2.8 there next week.

Your opinion puts me more at ease. It's difficult to trust a shop you have never used. But I'm in San Diego more than I am Los Angeles and I wanted to try to avoid shipping damage.

Took my 28-70 /2.8 in for service at Kurt's.

Needs a new motor.

$228 Labor
$35.00 Parts

$264.80 with tax

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a call from Kurt's Camera informing me that my 28-70 lens was ready for pickup. 1 day early. I picked it up today. They discovered that the motor was OK.

Here is what they listed as work done:
Replaced front zoom guides, re-secured main circuit board to mounting plate. Clean and relube the zoom and focus. Check all for good working order.

Parts : $30.30
Labor: $228.00

Total: $260.73 with tax

6 Month warranty

Below my original estimate and so far seems to be fine. I'll give it a test run this weekend.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom