1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

nikon repair shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by two slow, Jul 31, 2008.

1. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Looking for a repair shop for a D50 in the Birmingham Al or maybe even the Atlanta Ga area. The camera is ok but I would like to have someone check it out and tune it up if need be.
    Anyone here know of a good spot to have this done?
    Thanks.

2. Why not just send it to Nikon in Melville NY? That would be my choice.

3. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    I second that. Send it to Mellville so it's done right. It's pretty quick too. If you are in a hurry, just add a note saying, please repair immediately and here is my credit card for the cost up to $X

4. If it's under warranty Nikon is the best place. There is always KEH (keh.com) in Atlanta--a top notch repair place.

5. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I was going to suggest KEH also. I've bought from them and had my sensor cleaned. They are excellent to deal with.

6. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    I've sold to KEH and have been quite pleased.

7. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I've always been pleased doing business with KEH as well.

Last year they did a clean/focus adjustment on my 80-200 2.8.
    Couldn't be happier.

8. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Roger -

If you don't mind me asking, do you remember about how much KEH charged for the clean/focus adjustment on your 80-200? I have an 800-200 and have been thinking about having it cleaned and adjusted.

9. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Thanks all. I may cruise over to KEH to get it done. I would really like to find some brick and mortar shop closer first though.

10. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Alan,
    $145.00
    Clean&lube, removed a bunch of dust from inside, and fixed a slight front focusing problem.

11. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    wow, that's a damn good deal!

12. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Hi Bett -

That is a great deal for such a great lens. Thanks very much for sharing the information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.