Nikon School in Metro Detroit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D. L. Miller, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Nikon school at the Mariott-Livonia: Nov 12th & 13th

I am going to both Saturday & Sunday classes. Saturday might be too basic, but like I said before: "Being with Nikon people for 7 hours can't be a waste of time".

Main reason for this thread is to find out is anyone from here is going??

If so it might be fun to at least say "Hi".

Dan

2. Hi Dan,

I'll see you on Sunday. Dave (dbirdsong) is also going. Dave and I have exchanged cell phone numbers so we find each other on Sunday. I'll PM you with mine.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I am going to be at both days...

Dave

4. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    I went to the basic course in Fremont CA on 11/5. Thought it was good.

5. Jeff,

I thought the basic class might be too basic, but my guess is that I'll learn something.. Can't wait to go.

Glad to hear it was worth it..

6. Leave camera at home?

Jeff,

They say one should not bring their camera. Do you agree??

Should I leave it at home??

Dan

7. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Some brought camera's but you just end up lugging it around all day as they don't have any hands on type instruction. I didn't bring mine and don't regret it. I would suggest not taking it. It really is a seminar. You basically sit, listen, and watch. There were two instructors for the day and they switched off depending on the topic. The instructors are from a company called BluePixel. They were very knowledgeable and entertaining. They touch on alot of topics and it moves pretty fast and it's impossible to retain everything they go over. There are no questions allowed during the presentations but they do have Q&A periods and the instructors are available during breaks. They had an Epson printer and Lexmark rep there with displays and equipment. Also had some Nikon cameras and lenses to look at in the lobby.

I guess it was basic but I am pretty new to digital and I found it to be very informative. I really enjoyed it and am glad I went. I hope you do too.

8. Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't take my camera then. I'll be there two days, so by the time it is over, it sounds like it might be brain over load.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN...

thanks again...

Dan