Nikon School

Was wondering if any of you talented photographers have ever taken the 1 day Nikon School, Introduction to DSLR course?
It is being offered near me in June.
Is it worth the $120? Interested to know how detailed the course is.
Thanks.

Real Name
Ken St John
Back in January, the Nikon School offered a 2-day program on a Saturday/Sunday. The first day sounds like the class you mentioned which I skipped - I felt as though I my old experience in 35mm film SLR's probably covered most (but obvioulsy not all) of that day's topics.

But, I did take the second day on digital workflow and processing and found it was extremely valuable. A ton of information that I am frankly still working through.

Assuming the first day is as well done as the second was, I definitely think it's worth the time and expense.

Cheers!!

Ken

Was wondering if any of you talented photographers have ever taken the 1 day Nikon School, Introduction to DSLR course?
It is being offered near me in June.
Is it worth the $120? Interested to know how detailed the course is.
Thanks.

I highly recommend it! I took it last May, along with the follow-on class the next day that is usually offered.

I attended the first day in Pittsburgh about 2 years ago at Robert Morris. I had purchased the "new" Nikon D70. I was greener than green. It was very helpful. Since that was their newest release at the time, they spent a few hours going over it. As the previous poster has stated, they slam you with information. I did not attend the second day, because at that time it would have been like a foreign language to me.

If they ever return, I would gladly take the second day.

I attended several years ago a two days seminar, the first day was the introduction or basic level and then the second day was more for advanced digtal photographers. I enjoyed more the second day because I knew the material covered the first day.

I agree with the others...if you crave some bolstering of digital basics, then the class is worthwhile. The class that I went to was very well-attended, so get there early and sit up close.

I was not enamored with with the 2nd class. Didn't take the first one. Learned a few things, but time and money would have been better spent on picking up a book or two. ymmv

Guess I was looking for more technical information, instead of two guys bragging about how important they are to the world of photography.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom