Nikon School

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by photoloco, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Was wondering if any of you talented photographers have ever taken the 1 day Nikon School, Introduction to DSLR course?
    It is being offered near me in June.
    Is it worth the $120? Interested to know how detailed the course is.
    Thanks.

2. Back in January, the Nikon School offered a 2-day program on a Saturday/Sunday. The first day sounds like the class you mentioned which I skipped - I felt as though I my old experience in 35mm film SLR's probably covered most (but obvioulsy not all) of that day's topics.

But, I did take the second day on digital workflow and processing and found it was extremely valuable. A ton of information that I am frankly still working through.

Assuming the first day is as well done as the second was, I definitely think it's worth the time and expense.

Cheers!!

Ken

3. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC

I highly recommend it! I took it last May, along with the follow-on class the next day that is usually offered.

4. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    I attended the first day in Pittsburgh about 2 years ago at Robert Morris. I had purchased the "new" Nikon D70. I was greener than green. It was very helpful. Since that was their newest release at the time, they spent a few hours going over it. As the previous poster has stated, they slam you with information. I did not attend the second day, because at that time it would have been like a foreign language to me.

If they ever return, I would gladly take the second day.

5. I attended several years ago a two days seminar, the first day was the introduction or basic level and then the second day was more for advanced digtal photographers. I enjoyed more the second day because I knew the material covered the first day.

6. I'm going to take the course. I have been learning on my own and from the help that you folks provide which is amazing.
    It will be good for me to attend a class with camera in hand and a "live" instructor.

7. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    If that is the course in Syracuse I will be there as well. It's on the campus of Syracuse University at Community Lightworks

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I agree with the others...if you crave some bolstering of digital basics, then the class is worthwhile. The class that I went to was very well-attended, so get there early and sit up close.

9. I was not enamored with with the 2nd class. Didn't take the first one. Learned a few things, but time and money would have been better spent on picking up a book or two. ymmv

Guess I was looking for more technical information, instead of two guys bragging about how important they are to the world of photography.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I took the 1 day class when I first got my camera, it also might be a chance to make some connections with others in your area.

11. It's worth it, for sure.