Nikon SD-9 the quickest recycler ?

I am looking for a power source for flash units to use on my D700 and D300 . I have both the SB800 and SB900 flash units. I understand the SD-9 only works with the SB900.

I am looking for a unit that provides very fast recycle times and is portable... Is the SD-9 the best bet for me, or are there others that are faster/better?

Thanks for your input. Regards, Lance

I am looking for a power source for flash units to use on my D700 and D300 . I have both the SB800 and SB900 flash units. I understand the SD-9 only works with the SB900.

I am looking for a unit that provides very fast recycle times and is portable... Is the SD-9 the best bet for me, or are there others that are faster/better?

I just picked up the Quantum Turbo SC. You can DEFINITELY fry your SB900 with it. :biggrin:

Am not sure what you mean..

Does that mean you can shoot fast (recycles flash quickly)
Or do you mean it will literally fry the SB900

Sorry for my naivete.. regards, Lance

Am not sure what you mean..

Does that mean you can shoot fast (recycles flash quickly)
Or do you mean it will literally fry the SB900

Sorry for my naivete.. regards, Lance

Sorry. I meant that if you machine gun your flash you'll fry it. The recycle time with the Quantum is 1 sec, I think.

I use Quantum batteries, have done so for over 10 years. The 2x2 turbo is a hefty piece of kit, will power two flashes if like me you use two bodies at a time or it can power 1 flash plus a camera in most cases (i think).

The recycle time is almost instant and only at 8fps on the d2h does it struggle to keep up, depending on subject distance.
Be warned though, i have fried sb800 with ease at 8fps!

The same cable for the 2x2 will power either sb 800 or 900.

Latest threads

Top Bottom