Nikon Service Canada question

I have a problem with my D750. I can't get a lens on it, It feels VERY tight as I turn the lens. When the lens is on, autofocus doesn't work.

I see that Nikon Service and Repair Toronto is not accepting equipment due to COVID. I understand that.

Question 1:

IF this is covered by warranty, any thoughts on what will happen if they can't look at it until after the warranty expires (Nov 2020):

Question 2:

Once they are open, can I send it in myself, or should I get Henry's to do that for me?

Bonus Question...:)

Any thoughts on what might be my problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Ronald

Great. The points I was trying to make, and should have stated, is 1) establishing that you have a problem, so if there is a delay in getting the gear in to Nikon, you will be covered, and 2) maybe the folks at Henry's can either fix it or confim that you have a problem. Let us know what develops (oops, bad pun!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great. The points I was trying to make, and should have stated, is 1) establishing that you have a problem, so if there is a delay in getting the gear in to Nikon, you will be covered, and 2) maybe the folks at Henry's can either fix it or confim that you have a problem. Let us know what develops (oops, bad pun!)
Will do Palouse.
Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update.....

Took the body to Henry's. Their lenses fit easily, so problem not with the camera.

Back home, I was able to connect my lenses. However, it still felt tight. I realized that the tightness had scared me out of pushing too hard. Today, that extra push got the lenses to click in place.

Will check the screws on the lenses to see if one or more might have loosened.

We'll see.....

Is it a problem with just one lens or all? if it is just one then the fault appears to be with that lens. is the contact (camera end) metal plate distorted? I get the feeling it is hence the tightness and loss of Autofocus. You can easily check by trying it on another Nikon camera. if it happens on another then definately the lens

oops posted same time
did you take the lens, as well as the camera, to check on their camera?

I realized that the tightness had scared me out of pushing too hard. Today, that extra push got the lenses to click in place.
I had the exact same issue with the lens hood on my Nikon 24-70 f/4 S lens. Once I got used to the fact that I wasn't going to break anything by twisting really hard when mounting the hood, everything worked fine.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom